This area is near Bridgeport, CA at about 38 deg 18.5' N, 119 deg 12.0' W. To get there, take 182 north from 395 about 3.8 miles. On the right you will see a little road, a bit rough but manageable if you are not towing, named Masonic Road. It goes through a gate and up a hill to a number of dispersed sites. I found one in the dark and backed in, settled down, made dinner and went to bed. In the morning I awoke to a magnificent view of mountains across the way. To this day, I have not been back (I now tow a car and as I travel alone, I don't have another driver to bring my toad up the hill with me) but it remains one of the most delightful places I have awakened. What makes it special? The view.
No comments:
Post a Comment